" Please visit me at my new online home, www.thevolunteermom.com."

Friday, April 02, 2010

Creating My Own Destiny

A few posts back I had mentioned wanting to switch gears next year in regard to my volunteer efforts. I talked about wanting to get more involved with the advocacy end of PTA and about having recently discovered that this area is where my true passion lies.

Fast forward yesterday. I got a phone call from the incoming President of the Massachusetts PTA asking if I would like to serve on the Executive Board as the Advocacy Chair. Without hesitation I said yes. I can not tell you how excited I am about this. We have already scheduled an event for the end of April where members of MA PTA will be visiting the State House and talking with some key representatives involved with child affairs.

So my point? I blogged about wanting to do something and a few days later it happened. Perhaps I should blog about other key things I am looking to change in my life. Who knows...it could work!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Good for you! I may try it - but I think I will blog about a trip on the Queen Mary 2 and the Volvo that I want! Have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

I am so proud of you Sharon! Not just because you are my amazing neice as you have always been, but becasue I have devoted my life to education and it feels incredibly supportive that you have the courage to speak out for our kids!!! I love you! Aunt Susan