" Please visit me at my new online home, www.thevolunteermom.com."

Friday, April 02, 2010

Catch All Update

Today was a very productive day. Perhaps the most exciting and eventful part of it? I would have to say it was when we took a series of steps to officially "evict" winter from the Ellis household. We started with packing away all of our winter gear; snow pants, heavy winter coats, hats, gloves, scarfs, gloves and snow boots. We moved on to cleaning up the yard a bit...sticks, leaves, pine cones etc. There is still quite a bit left to do but we made a dent anyway. Next the kids sorted and organized all of the spring toys; bubbles, sidewalk chalk, sports gear and things of that nature. Ryun came home and put down most of the screens, fixed the grill, filled the gas tank and cooked wings for dinner. To end the day, the girl were outside playing after dinner and noticed a random growth of daffodils in the middle of the woods between our yard and the neighbors. Seriously? Today was screaming spring around these parts.

I spent the night working. It's finally starting to get busy again and since I knew I would be occupied all day tomorrow, I wanted to get in what I could tonight. I have to say I managed to get quite a bit of editing done.

Tomorrow I will be spending the day at the polls. I will be sign holding for the override investment in our children and for Allin Frawley. I am hoping and praying that things go my way tomorrow (the investment passes and Allin wins). I honestly can't wait until tomorrow is over just to know one way or the other.

No comments: