" Please visit me at my new online home, www.thevolunteermom.com."

Sunday, January 02, 2011

I don't want to...

...start the year off on a bad note, but seriously?  I am all set with this family getting the stomach bug twice in two weeks time (that is assuming that Emily passes it on to the rest of us).  I was only half joking when I said on Twitter that I was considering wearing a mask to fend off the germs.  Besides Emily's illness, Katherine has a massive cold and Julia just got over croup.  I guess I should be thankful that this was all either right before or right after Christmas and not during.  That doesn't make it any less annoying that some of us are sick now, and some of use are just waiting for it to hit us (and hoping and praying that it does not).

So if you could all send some healthy vibes this way, it would be much appreciated!

*UPDATE* Katherine's cold...turned in pneumonia.  Lovely.  At least the doctor was thorough and listened to her chest when we went in with a complaint of an earache.  She's was prescribed a Z-pack so she will hopefully be on the mend soon.

And really universe, a stomach bug for the family, a relapse for Emily, croup for Julia, and now pneumonia for Katherine...I think we've paid our dues, thankyouverymuch.

No comments: