" Please visit me at my new online home, www.thevolunteermom.com."

Friday, October 15, 2010

Jackhammer

I woke up this morning with a massive headache...complete with nausea and distorted vision. Somehow, I managed to get the kids off to school without dying in the process (why yes, I am super Mom), then took four ibuprofen and went back to bed. I woke up a couple of times because the phone rang but basically slept until noon. Upon waking, I immediately felt guilty thinking about how I had wasted half the day (yes I realize how ridiculous this is).

So, even though I could have stayed in bed for hours longer, I got up, ate something and attempted to tackle the to do list. This was met with little success (although if I had put, "clear the DVR out and watch hours of tv" I could have crossed that off). The headache lingered (though it was less severe) for most of the afternoon. As the day progressed I felt better and managed to cook a delicious dinner for the family (meatloaf, mashed potatoes and carrots...total comfort food for a blah, yucky day).

I am still not feeling quite right but markedly better in comparison. And yes, I am still annoyed by how much time was wasted while I slept the day away. Sometimes? I really need to chill the heck out when in comes to the to do list.

1 comment:

meowia said...

Sounds like your body was telling you it needed to rest and recuperate. You are allowed to take care of you! I hope you feel better!