" Please visit me at my new online home, www.thevolunteermom.com."

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Today

I decided against going to the pool today. Assuming the weather peeps are right, there is a 60% chance of showers and storms this afternoon. It is not worth packing everything up, getting everyone dressed, sunscreened and ready, only to have it rain. If I am being honest, the whole prospect of going made me tired just thinking about it. I am still not feeling quite right anyway, so another day of chilling at home seems smart.

This sickness is weird, whatever it is. All of the symptoms mentioned in my last post are fleeting...here in some moments, gone the next, and not all together at once. I have no idea what is going on, but, since I don't feel like death, I am probably going to skip the doctors and just wait it out for a while.

So my new plans for the day involve updating the calendar, responding to phone calls and emails I have let pile up, working on some PTA things (including deciding which Summer Leadership Meetings I will be attending), and general office work. The kids are happily entertained with a giant canister of play dough and toys downstairs, which they used for upwards of 2 hours yesterday afternoon as well.

No comments: