" Please visit me at my new online home, www.thevolunteermom.com."

Friday, May 14, 2010

Weekend

I have decided not to go to the crop tonight. I still have a million things to do to be ready for dress rehearsal and the recital this weekend. I have to be up and out of the house by 7:10 with Julia tomorrow. My mother is on hair and makeup duty so we need to be in Carver by 7:20, to leave by 7:50, and get to dress rehearsal by 8:30. This ought to be fun with Julia, who is used to sleeping in on weekends until at least 8. She tires very easily, so most week day mornings it is really hard to get her out of bed by 6:45 to get ready for school. She is in bed by 7 every night, and usually asleep by 7:30. I certainly can't put her to bed before 7...most nights we are just finishing dinner up at 6:30. So...I let her make up the difference on the weekend. When Julia is done performing, I will bring her back home, help my mother get Emily and Katherine ready, and head back for 12:30. I will probably have a couple of hours in between. The recital on Sunday will be a little less hectic as it doesn't start until 3. Julia will be doing ballet in the Cinderella portion of the show and Emily and Katherine? Will be in the second half dancing in the Back to the 80's portion of the show. Back to the 80's? I am like, totally, thinking this show will be wicked awesome! After the recital, we will be heading with the whole gang (my immediate family, my parents, my sisters and nephew) to dinner. After that, the whirlwind weekend will be over.

So yeah, it seems to make sense to stay in to night, get things done and try and get to bed at a reasonable hour.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I thought sports were hectic - the dance thing sounds worse!

Have a good weekend!