" Please visit me at my new online home, www.thevolunteermom.com."

Sunday, April 25, 2010

On The Bookshelf

I am an avid reader. I read all kinds of books...mystery, informational, self help, romance, biographies, autobiographies, sci-fi etc. I am currently reading "Always Looking Up" by Michael J. Fox. So far, it has been very interesting. So just for fun, here is a list of books I have and will be reading and a list of books I would like to read.

On the bookshelf waiting to be read, we have the following books (in no particular order):

The Garden of Last Days by Andre Dubus III

Women, Food, and God by Geneen Roth

Winter Garden by Kristen Hannah

The Omnivore's Dilemma by Michael Pollan

Building Successful Partnerships by the National PTA

The Host by Stephanie Meyer

The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown

Fast Food Nation by Eric Schlosser

The PTA Story: A Century of Commitment to Children by the National PTA

And on the ever growing list of books I want to read (and have yet to acquire):

The Walk by Richard Paul Evans

A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Future: Twists and Turns and Lessons Learned by Michael J. Fox

No Apology: The Case for American Greatness by Mitt Romney

Cutting-Edge Therapies for Autism 2010-2011 by Ken Siri

29 Gifts: How A Month Of Giving Can Change Your Life by Cami Walker

Liberty: Thriving And Civic Engagement Among America's Youth by Richard M. Lerner

Educating Citizens: Preparing America's Undergraduates For Lives Of Moral And Civic Responsibility by Anne Colby

3 comments:

Kathy said...

I didn't even know Mitt wrote a book!

Sharon said...

Yes...not a big fan of his but I saw an interview with him recently and he was talking out the new book. Sounded interesting to me.

Meowia said...

I've read The Host by Stephanie Meyer. It was a good book -- I thought it was very unique. It was not as addicting as her Twilight Series, though.