" Please visit me at my new online home, www.thevolunteermom.com."

Monday, April 26, 2010

All About Me...Because I Know You Were All Dying To Know

Did you ever notice that just about every quiz having anything even remotely to do with your personality comes out the same? At least mine do. So just for kicks, and because I have nothing else to post right now, and because I have really only posted pictures lately, and because I apparently feel like writing a run on sentence, I am going to sum "me" up for you in a few paragraphs. Ok...more than a few.

I am a red headed, Irish woman with a stubborn streak. Really that one sentence could probably do just fine on it's own, but for the sake of longevity, I'll expand.

Most of the time, I am a pretty reserved and laid back kind of person. It takes quite a lot, and usually all at once to get me upset. I can also maintain an outward calm with ease, even if the insides are in a frenzy. This helps me in many ways, not the least of which is my ability to present things in a calm and reasonable manner. I find calm and reasonable usually gets ones point across more efficiently than obnoxious and irrational.

I have just about the worst luck in the world and generally speaking, when things can go the wrong way or the right way, they go wrong. It's been this way all of my life. Sadly, I have gotten used to this fate, and, while I still always hope for the best, I don't usually expect it. My easy going, "let it slide off of your back" attitude comes in to play quite nicely in these situations.

I am pretty much of the belief that if you want something, you have to make it happen. Sitting back and waiting for it just doesn't work. This doesn't by any stretch mean that I will always work for it, whatever it may be. By nature, I am a rather unmotivated type of person. The way I figure it if I want it bad enough, I will make it happen. If not, than I will suffer the consequences. It seems fairly simple to me.

Having said that, I am the biggest procrastinator on the planet. I almost always wait until the last minute. This generally isn't a bad thing...I seem to do my best work under pressure. My motto: If it weren't for the last minute, nothing would ever get done. Clearly, procrastination is the key to my success.

I am a peace-keeper and will pretty much do anything to ensure peace. I can almost always see things from all points of few and that skill usually allows me to keep things peaceful and smooth. I am a Libra through and through.

Because I have to weigh every detail before I make a decision, doing so does not come easy for me. While some decisions are pretty clear cut, most for me are not. Even after making one, I sometimes question whether or not I chose correctly. Again, I am a Libra through and through.

I have what I would consider to be a phenomenal sense of responsibility. This hasn't always been the case but as I've gotten older, and in turn my responsibilities greater, my sense obligation and duty have grown stronger. I have what I guess could be considered high moral standards, but, I don't expect any one else other than myself to uphold them.

I am a big believer in freedom of pretty much everything, as long as you don't try to enforce your ways on me or hurt my family in anyway. Personal choice is a big thing for me. I think everyone deserves the right to form their own opinions, views and judgments.

I think that about sums it up. This is not to say, of course that I won't take another one of those silly quizzes, because y'all know I will.

No comments: