" Please visit me at my new online home, www.thevolunteermom.com."

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Weekend In The Mountains

There can't be anything more difficult than getting back to "real life" after a vacation. Not that there is anything wrong with "real life" but "real life?"

It's not this.


I wonder if people who live in areas like this for any length of time still appreciate the beauty that surrounds them every day. Myself, I find it hard to believe that I could ever, ever get sick of a view like this.


The sun set over the mountains, changing their color, making them look like some sort of a water color painting.


I got up at 5:30 in the morning with the intent of capturing the sun rising over the mountains. I had no idea how truly beautiful it would be.



This was taken just before darkness descended, giving the mountains and the water a purplish tint, which I am not sure was captured well in this picture.

I took 120 pictures in all, none of which could possibly capture the peace and beauty of the mountains. As I said to Ryun though, even if the Lodge was located in the middle of a barren wasteland, the service and kindness of the staff still would have made the trip worthwhile. It was exemplary, and really like nothing I have ever seen or experienced before. I let them know as much when I filled out the email survey we got upon our arrival home, asking about our stay.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

.... those photos are GREAT!....

Eric