" Please visit me at my new online home, www.thevolunteermom.com."

Friday, May 23, 2008

Gone, Baby Gone

For the weekend anyway. Tomorrow, Ryun and I will depart, sans kids, for a weekend getaway to Vermont, courtesy (well at least in part) of Mom and Dad. We will be married for 10 years tomorrow, and if memory serves, this is the first time that our anniversary falls on Memorial Day Weekend, as it did the year we were married. Our wedding was on a Sunday.

Ten years flies by like nothing. It seems impossible that it could really be that long, or that we could be 10 years older, or that Emily will be 11 next weekend.

Mother Nature has decided to bestow upon us the gift of good weather which was quite generous of her indeed. We will be staying at the Trapp Family Lodge, which we have visited in the past, but never stayed. It has been 9 years but I can remember being in awe of the beauty then. I am sure, with my newer and more mature appreciation of wildlife and nature, it will increase tenfold on this trip. Aside from the weekend away with Ryun, the part I am most looking forward to is soaking in (and of course taking many photos of) the beauty that will surround us.

Rejuvenation, here I come!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Ten Year Anniversary!

I hope you two are having a lovely weekend.