" Please visit me at my new online home, www.thevolunteermom.com."

Monday, January 28, 2008

Ugh...

You know, for the amount of $ we would have to spend on medical bills in this household if we didn't have insurance, I guess I really can't complain but, I got a bill in the mail for $130 for Julia's physical in July. I was confused because it said the reason for non-payment by the insurance company was "services not covered by plan." I called BCBS and was informed that after a child turns 2, it is only covered once a year. Here I am thinking that I am being a good mom, you know taking my daughter for her check ups when the doctor requests them (which for the record is once a year after they turn 3) and then I get a bill, because I had the nerve to bring her in for a 2 1/2 year check up in January, and then again for a three year in July. It's so damn aggravating. I might try and fight it, just because. Somebody needs to stick it to the insurance companies...may as well be me.

1 comment:

The Dew's said...

BCBS of MASS? yep they are a stickler for scheduling apointments to the DAY with in the time frame. I coudlnt go to the eye docs b/c 2 years ago was Feb 4tth i had to wait till AFTER not a day before or on that day, same with all the other yearly appoitnments. but if your doc requested it try to get him to write a letter stating why he needed to see her in 6 months rather than a year.

As much as i love having insurance they suck!!!!!!!!! i'll write my saga sometime about the 8.06 bill the latest.