" Please visit me at my new online home, www.thevolunteermom.com."

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Recipe: Sharon's Famous Chili

Ok, so maybe it's not famous yet, but it might be someday.

Ingredients:

1 lb ground beef
1 jar tomato sauce
diced tomatoes (I used about 1 1/2 tomatoes)
light red kidney beans (I bought the canned version that actually came in a mild chili sauce)
1 teaspoon paprika
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon oregano
2 teaspoons garlic powder
shredded cheddar cheese to sprinkle on top of chili

(The amount of spices you use can of course be altered for a milder and/or spicier version).

Brown the beef in an electric frying pan. On Sunday, I actually threw a small amount of the above spices in with the meat (maybe just a pinch of each).

Combine all ingredients in the crock pot and cook on high for 2 hours. After 2 hours, turn the crock down to low, and cook for an additional 2 hours. Top with cheddar. I also made cornbread to go with this.

It came out quite well if I do say so myself. Ryun and the girls loved it too. The leftovers will be used tonight to make "chili dogs." Yummy.

No comments: