" Please visit me at my new online home, www.thevolunteermom.com."

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Coffee

Somewhere between Julia's birth and now, I have become a 2-3 cups of coffee a day kind of girl. This might not seem like much but, when you suddenly go from none to potentially three, well, it's a big deal.

So, I decided to figure out exactly how much money I spend at Dunky's each week. It's scary people, really scary.

Using the average of 2 coffees per day, it came out to just under $30. Add the 3rd cup to the daily intake and it jumps to just under $45.

Forty five dollars a week on coffee? That's $180 per month, over $2000 per year!

Holy crap!

I have drawn the following conclusions from this:

1. I need to get off my high horse and actually use the coffee maker at home. Even buying the Dunkin Donuts coffee to make at home would still be cheaper.

2. I admit, when it comes to actually buying the cup, already made for me by the kind employees of Dunkin Donut's, I am a little spoiled. So, I could just cut back to 1 per day which would bring the weekly total down to about $15 per week. That seems a little more reasonable anyway.

3. The third option is of course to suck it up and deal. I could potentially die without the coffee (well, maybe not die but you know, be really, really sad...not to mention grumpy and tired) so when looking at it that way, $45 isn't too bad, is it?

1 comment:

The Dew's said...

OMG i was just thinking about this the other day.

B/C my kids hate i mean hate to go get coffee and lately reheating next day isnt cutting it. i bought cream, and will get a pound at the store tomorrow.

it's not the same but i NEED my coffee and i am 2-3 as well. soemthin about 2 pm i need that caffeeine.