" Please visit me at my new online home, www.thevolunteermom.com."

Monday, March 05, 2007

Monday, Monday

Julia was up at 4 this morning and didn't fall back to sleep until 6:30. I was up until midnight, and had to get up at 6:45. She was being all cute and adorable (except when she had to go potty every 5 minutes...good that she's going of course but not so cute when you take her once, get cozy back in bed again, and not a minute later she says, "I have to go potty.".It was hard to actually be mad at her though because when she wasn't doing that she was hugging me and talking to her "boy"(her teddy bear) and just generally being cute.

Katherine was whining and yelling about bringing her blanket and pillow back upstairs and was mad that I wouldn't make her toast for breakfast. The girl would eat toast every if I let her and I just think it's good for her to have a little more variety, you know?

Emily was having a major meltdown about her hair. She was screaming and crying and flipping her head all over the place. I used my usual, "If you don't like having your hair combed out, get it cut short" which only fueled the fire. Admittedly, I shouldn't have said it, but between being tired, being that time of month, and just not having the patience this morning to deal, I was spitting right back.

So, Emily left in tears, Katherine left saying, "Aren't you so proud of me that I didn't cry when you were doing my hair?"and Julia is still sleeping.

Oh and me? I am feeling like a crappy mother for sending my kid to school crying. Mother guilt is such a wonderful thing, isn't it?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are DEFINITELY NOT a crappy mother! You are human.Kids can and will push parents to the limit. Bet as soon as Emily got outside she was fine while you are beating yourself up. I will always remember Pam screaming to "do something" like iron her hair before school.You will survive and so will they.