" Please visit me at my new online home, www.thevolunteermom.com."

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

My Husband The Hero

Last night, while coming back downstairs from getting clothes for the kids to wear today, I saw a mouse on the stairs. I wasn't even really sure if it was a mouse at first because the damn thing was so small, it looked like it could have been a very large bug. Upon closer inspection, which involved me leaning over the edge of the stairs looking down, I noticed the thing had fur, and promptly yelled, "Ryun, there's mouse on the stairs!"

He came over and couldn't see it at first. He changed his angle a bit, at which point the mouse decided it would be fun to run around like a mad man on the stair he was on. So Emily's shoes are no more than five inches from where Ryun's hand is. I am thinking he is going to grab the shoe and beat the thing in to oblivion. Oh no, not my husband. He put his hand in to a "karate chop" position and beat the thing to death (well,ok almost to death) with his bare hand. Me? I probably would have had a hard time hitting it with the shoe. I can kill things like ants or spiders. Anything that makes the "crunch" or "squish" sound...no thanks.

One of the many reasons I thank God for Ryun everyday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

With his bare hands!! Wow that's quite a guy you've got there...