" Please visit me at my new online home, www.thevolunteermom.com."

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Political Stuff

Basically, I think the President is doing a good job. I don't have any real opposition to the war, although I do feel like it's going to be sort of a never ending type thing. There will always be someone that hates this country however, I see nothing wrong with at least trying to eliminate terrorists from the face of the planet. May as well get as many as we can, you know?

The only real concern I have is of course with the NCLB (No Child Left Behind) Act. To put it simply, I think it's a bunch of bull. One of the main reasons I feel this way is because of funding. The President holds the teachers and students to high standards, that, in some cases can't be met because the Federal and State governments don't provide the funding necessary to support their own damn cause.

I really have a whole lot more to say about that as I'm sure you can imagine but the above paragraph sums it up nicely, I think.

4 comments:

The Dew's said...

OH you KNOW my thoughts on it.You put in nicer though. LOL

Caltechgirl said...

heh. You should talk to my husband about NCLB. The teachers hate it more than you do.

GUYK said...

Being a libertarian I want to see the federal government out of the education business completely and that includes grants for college unless each studenet accepted for college gets the same money if they want it.

I want to see schools run by local school boards and teachers hired based on ability and not tenure. I can probably write a book about what is wrong with the oublic school system and it starts with the federal government.

I had no problems with our getting rid of Saddam's government but I do have problems with the way the Bush administration has fought the war. It is tough on troops to be forced to dodge bullets in a war with no clear cut objective and thus far I have not seen what the objective is. I would rather see another 200,000 or more troops on the ground and cleaning the country up and securing it house by house than I had see the troops pulled out..but I want one or the other done..the way it is now is just getting our kids killed needlessly.

Sharon said...

Actually Guy, I agree with you. I would rather see the federal government out of the education picture altogether. Since it doesn't look like that's going to happen anytime soon, my thought is thatif they have to be involved, they should at least do it right.

But, this is the government...they can't do anything right...LOL.