" Please visit me at my new online home, www.thevolunteermom.com."

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Julia

Remember a few weeks ago when I said that most of Julia's speech was prompted? Remember when I also said that it probably would eventually come like everything else had?

Well, I was right.

Some of her new phrases:

"Give it to me!"

"Leave me alone!"

"My turn."

(Yeah, she's two)!

"He's working."

"Emmy Dee Dee at school."

And, my personal favorite...

"I love you Mama."

I have a sneaking suspicion that she might be one of those kids that, um, never shuts up! Talking seems to be her favorite thing to do lately. It's really cute now, but if it keeps up...well, lets just say it may not be so cute anymore!

Everything else is going well. She seems to be getting a little more confidence in her physical abilities. Taking her to the playground used to be the easiest thing in the world. She basically went on one little slide and the swings. Recently, trips to the playground have been a workout for me, as she is getting brave enough to try the various other components , but in some cases, is still not sturdy enough to do it safely. On a few different occasions, her leg has been shaky, like she is using all of her might to get to wherever she is going.

Speaking of physical ability, today is her first class at the Jungle Gym. I am looking forward to it and I thnk she will love it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay Julia!