" Please visit me at my new online home, www.thevolunteermom.com."

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

What Makes Me Feel Old?

It's not quizzes like the one below, stolen from Deb, that indicate that I am getting old.

You Are More Mild Than Wild

You're confident, and you really aren't concerned with how "hot" you are.
Other people's ideas of what's sexy don't concern you. And this is exactly what makes you attractive.


It's not the fact that I am going be be "in my 30's come October (I am 30 now, but 31 means I will actually be venturing in to my 30's).

It's not the fact that I can say that I have known some of my closest friends for over 25 years.

It's not even the fact that Emily will be 9 in just over a month, or that Katherine will be 7, or that Julia will be 2.

It's driving home from all of the errands I had to run this morning, and hearing a song that came out when I was a kid on the local Oldies station.

Now that, friends, makes me feel not just "old", it makes me feel really old.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, I remember the first time that happened to me. Vividly.

My mother loves to tell me that her 30th birthday didn't bother her at all, but the 31st just about gvae her a breakdown for exactly that "in her 30s" reason. :)

I think that's a benefit to how chaotic my life has been the last few years...I didn't notice those milestones at all. Heh.