" Please visit me at my new online home, www.thevolunteermom.com."

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Reason Number...I Lost Count!

Hello Burkland Third, Fourth, and Fifth Graders!

MCAS starts next week and YOU ARE READY!

Burkland students know their stuff!

We see it in the classrooms!

We see it in the hallways!

We see it on the "Can Do" wall!

We see it in our Students Of The Month!

We hear it in our House Assemblies!

MCAS IS HERE FOR YOU TO SHOW YOUR STUFF!

GO GET 'EM!!!

Your teacher's and I are very proud of you!

Sincerely,

Mr. M


Emily brought this home the other day.

Then, when I was at the school on Friday night and again Saturday for Mardi Gras, I saw these signs all over the school.

Middleboro
Children
Are
Special

There was another sign that said that Mr. M would die his hair, whatever color the students choose if they did a few things:

Come to school well rested and ready to test.

Try their absolute best on the tests.

Wear their MCAS ribbons.

You know, I really have nothing to compare it to I suppose but, I have a hard time believing that there are many other schools that inspire the level of confidence that Middleboro does for it's students. I just think it's fabulous how involved the administration is. I thinks it's great too that both Emily and Katherine have principals and vice principals that know them by name, and it's not because they are in trouble alot and have to go to the office!


They even know Julia for god sake. Yesterday at Mardi Gras, Julia was walking in the cafeteria and Katherine's principal said, "I can't believe how big she's getting!" I mean that's just awesome.

No comments: