Emily's 504 plan was recently reviewed and reinstated.
Here it is in it's entirety, for anyone interested in what it might look like:
1. Describe the nature of the concern: Emily's diagnosed disability does, on occasion, limit her ability to complete work and perform tasks.
2. Describe the basis for determinations of handicap (if any) please attach documentation: Emily has been diagnosed with ADHD through an independent evaluation by Dr. C of Children's Hospital, Boston.
3. Describe how the handicap affects a major life activity: Emily's disability affects her ability to complete classroom assignments which may affects her academic achievements. She is, at times, inattentive and impulsive. Emily needs reminders to organize her belongings and is frequently redirected throughout the day.
4. Describe the reasonable accommodations to be made:
* Preferential seating.
* Parent/teacher communication as needed.
* Reminders to bring home important papers at the end of each day.
* Frequent verbal cues prior to giving directions and transitioning.
* Rules and expectations should be clear, explicit, and consistently reviewed for understanding.
Review/Reassessment Date: June 2007