" Please visit me at my new online home, www.thevolunteermom.com."

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Welcome Aboard!

So, tomorrow night we are taking a ride on The Polar Express. It will be leaving at 7:05pm sharp, from Station # 530, located in the Ellis Family Livingroom.

Here's the plan. All three kids are going to be in their new Christmas pajamas. Dad will play conductor (still have to figure out his costume...any ideas are welcome!). I am going to arrange the livingroom furniture so that we can bring in the kitchen chairs and set them up like a train, with a center aisle. I have three train ornaments which we will have the kids (Julia will get a little help from Mama) hang on the tree. I am going to buy hot chocolate and some kind of nougat candy which will be served on board. I have downloaded the Polar Express soundtrack which will play softly in the background, while the story, "The Polar Express" is read aloud by the narrator (AKA me). At the end of the "ride" I will present each kid with a Polar Express Bell, which will also hang on the tree.

I made the invitations to this "gala" event last weekend and Emily and Katherine are sooooooo excited! I am too. I love family bonding nights!

No comments: