" Please visit me at my new online home, www.thevolunteermom.com."

Sunday, April 03, 2011

Calling Out My Technical Peeps

I have been thinking for quite sometime that I would like to set up a website of my own but I have no clue where to begin or what I need to do. There is some part of me that realizes how pathetic this is in this day and age but hey, I know I can count on my more technical friends to help me out. So in list form, this is exactly what I would like to do:

-either import or point this blog to the new website.
-have the capability to link directly to other places where I have an online presence (namely Facebook, Twitter and my online store, Zazzle).
-have a few pages dedicated directly to certain things (for example one for an about me kind of thing, one for my work in PTA/Education, one for more professional type things like my resume etc).
-something with a very basic, easy way to update and maintain the site (and by easy I mean even someone as relatively clueless about this type of thing can figure it out).
-I would like to do this all in the most inexpensive yet effective way possible.


Can any one help me figure this out? I did go online but was overwhelmed with the amount of choices and possibilities out there. Even if that wasn't the case, I would still prefer the advice and assistance of someone I know.

No comments: