" Please visit me at my new online home, www.thevolunteermom.com."

Friday, February 04, 2011

Attics, Birds, Doors and Flowers

Last night I had a dream that Ryun and I were looking at the front door of our house, trying to figure out why there were pink flowers growing from the top of the door and why, when it was opened we could see directly through the ceiling to the attic where there were birds nesting and chirping away.


Um...yeah.  People probably think my dreams are weird.  Personally I think they are always symbolic of something and what would be weird is if I ever had a normal, run of the mill dream that had no clearly defined meaning.


I have become so good at analyzing my dreams without the aid of a dream dictionary that it is almost scary.  I knew this dream would have something to do with letting go, love, happiness and self discovery.  When I referred to the dream dictionary here is what I found:


To dream of chirping and/or flying birds, represents joy, harmony, ecstasy, balance, and love. It denotes a sunny outlook in life. You are experiencing spiritual freedom and psychological liberation.

A door that opens into the inside, denotes your desire for inner exploration and self-discovery.

An attic symbolizes your mind, spirituality, and your connection to the higher Self.

To see colorful flowers in your dream, signify kindness, compassion, gentleness, pleasure, beauty, and gain. It is also symbolic of perfection and spirituality. Your dream may be an expression of love, joy and happiness. Alternatively, flowers in dream, especially if they are blooming, represent your hidden potential and latent talents.

 Pink represents love, joy, sweetness, happiness, affection and kindness.

Looks like my interpretation was right on.

No comments: