" Please visit me at my new online home, www.thevolunteermom.com."

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

We had a snow day today...

...and I have been up since 4:30 this morning.  There really is something wrong with that.  I woke when Ryun walked out the door to go check out the snow situation and see if he was going to try to get to Mass Eye and Ear for work.  He came back in shortly afterward and announced that he was going to shovel out and make the attempt.  At that point it was snowing heavily, with visibility next to nothing, and roads that were plowed but still not great.  I though he was crazy  but he is one of those people that goes to work unless something catastrophic happens (for example, the end of the world).   After he shoveled and left, I couldn't fall back asleep (probably because I was nervous about him getting to work safely).  At 5:40 I got a phone message from him saying he made it as far as exit 6 on 495 (coming from exit 3) and that he was turning around.  After thanking him for coming to his senses, I hung up and  tried to go back to sleep.  I ended up getting up at 6 (thank you internal alarm clock).  Had I known this was going to happen, I might have thought twice about staying up until 1AM.  The kids didn't wake until 8 (ish) so we had a nice couple of hours to ourselves.  I spent it chillaxin' on the couch, paying only slight attention to an episode of HIMYM, followed by Modern Marvels: Corpse Tech.  Uh...yeah.  

No comments: