" Please visit me at my new online home, www.thevolunteermom.com."

Monday, October 25, 2010

More On The Election

As mentioned in the previous post, I find election calls to be an annoying waste of my time. I don't need a phone call to help me make my decision regarding who to vote for. However, in most cases, I try to at least listen to what the person on the other end has to say and maybe even have an educated discussion with them. If I get more than one phone call from a specific candidate though (read: Charlie Baker) it is considered by me to be rude and somewhat intrusive. This is what I was referring to in the last post when I interrupted the person on the other end of the line before they had a chance to talk. More annoying than the call itself? It's the bleeping pre-recorded messages that I keep getting from Senator Brown asking me to support Baker. These calls lack pretty much everything that could potentially influence my decisions on election day; personal connection, ability to have a conversation if I so desire etc.

And no, I wasn't planning on voting for Baker anyway, but pre-recorded messages from Senator Brown (who I also didn't vote for) certainly wouldn't sway me.

No comments: