" Please visit me at my new online home, www.thevolunteermom.com."

Monday, December 01, 2008

Weekend In Review

It was a busy one for sure! Thursday we spent Thanksgiving in Haverhill at Suzanne and Jack's house. It was fun and as usual, there was way too much food! I made my usual...potatoes and fudge. We got home around 9. The kids went right to bed, which I should have done too, seeing as I was meeting Kelly to shop at the crack o' dawn Friday. I didn't get to bed until after 11 and spent the 4 1/2 hours until the alarm went off tossing and turning. I still managed to drag my but out of bed and get to Kelly's on time, coffee in hand. We had a lot of success shopping, but more fun than that was the people watching. I was beyond shocked at the craziness of it all, and while I had been shopping on Black Friday before, I had never gotten to the stores that early. It was interesting, annoying and funny at the same time. Ryun handled the kids for the afternoon after I got back, and I managed to take a 4 hour nap. I still went to bed early (for me anyway) and woke up Saturday feeling mostly like myself, with an exception of a head cold that I still have.

Saturday was the Annual Middleboro Christmas Parade which both Emily and Katherine were in. It was a great parade and they really had fun. Julia enjoyed watching from the sidelines but did say it was "too loud" a couple of times. She made out well on the candy front, so much so that I gave a small handful away to Jay who brought the kids and watched the parade with us.

On Sunday, we decorated the house. Julia was absolutely mystified by the tree. She loved the whole process from the set up to the hanging of lights to the ornaments. It was fun to watch her. It really made me look forward to Christmas with her this year.

I took pictures.


Stringing up the lights...


The finished product.


Julia had a blast playing with the newspaper we had the ornaments wrapped in,.


She's been paying a little too much attention to her sisters, I think.


She really got in to the whole thing this year, including the silliness.


Julia started this by laying under the tress herself. I thought it would be a cute picture so Emily and Katherine joined in.


Three happy kids!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

... bhwhahaha.... those pics are GREAT!....

Eric