" Please visit me at my new online home, www.thevolunteermom.com."

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Things I Never Knew Before Becoming Mom

Do you ever look at your life and think, "This is not what I imagined it would be?" I do mean this in the best of possible ways.

I always thought I would get married and raise a family. I just never, in a million years pictured all of the "little things."

I never knew that there would be the "looks." You know, the "I am so proud of you" look, or the "I am going to kill you" look, or the "Did she really just say that?" look.

I never knew that the sound of someone else laughing could actually make my whole day.

I never knew that the sound of someone else crying could ruin my whole day.

I never knew what it would feel like to have someone else look up to me, in an almost "god like" fashion.

I never knew that that someone would go from thinking I am "god like" to thinking that I know absolutely nothing and sometimes back again.

I never knew that I would have to think of such things like...why the sky is blue, or how the bird flies, or why it looks like we are going backwards when a big truck passes us on the highway.

I never once thought that I would have to answer questions like, "How old do I have to be to stay home alone?" or "When can I start shaving my legs?"

I never once thought that my every action would have such an influence on someone else.

I never, ever imagined how hard this would all be.

I also never imagined how wonderful it would be to see all of our hard work pay off.

I never imagined loving someone so completely, even when they are yelling and screaming about going to bed or cleaning their room.

I never imagined how fulfilling this would all be.

1 comment:

The Dew's said...

Everyday Shaz depending on what mood their in i can have any one or many of those thoughts.