" Please visit me at my new online home, www.thevolunteermom.com."

Monday, March 10, 2008

Maturity

On the way to voice with Emily today, I handed her the tuition check and told her to make sure to put it in to the payment box when she got in. I usually stick it in an envelope but this time, I didn't. The box is secure and inside the building and the check has all vital information on it anyway, so the staff can figure out who it is for. Anyway, Emily asked how much it was and when she looked at the check, she said, almost disbelievingly, "Eighty three dollars, is how much you pay per month for me to take voice?" I confirmed it and she said, "Wow. I don't think I have ever said anything about this money before, but, thanks."

It was one of the more mature things she has ever said to me and I was quite proud.

No comments: