" Please visit me at my new online home, www.thevolunteermom.com."

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Luck

Basically, I have never had it, well except the bad kind. Because of this, I don't often do things like play the lottery. The chances of me winning may in fact be less than the predicted odds of winning because that's just the way my luck runs. Today though, for some reason I decided to really splurge and buy a $10 ticket. I didn't scratch it right away because I had other things to do but when I did, I won $100. Sweet! I decided to cash it in and really press my luck and get another $10 ticket. I almost had a heart attack when I scratched it and won another $100! I told Ryun this and he thinks I should go play Mega Millions. Third time's the charm, right?

I don't know what I am going to do with the money. My first thought was to go out and buy the kids more spring/summer clothes but, I have already gotten them a good amount with some of our tax return and really? How often do I have that kind of money to actually spend on myself in any way I want? Never, or at least not very often. I will probably end up using it to get a few books that I have on my Amazon Wish List, and then who knows what.

No matter what though? I am psyched. Maybe this means my luck is turning around?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Grats!
I say spend it on yourself.
Do something that you wouldn't normally.