" Please visit me at my new online home, www.thevolunteermom.com."

Sunday, February 10, 2008

They All Grow Up So Fast

Julia will be sleeping in a "big girl" bed tonight for her first time, for no other reason other than the fact that she's 3 1/2 and, it's just time. She's funny. I will hear her on the monitor when she wakes in the morning saying, "Mama, I'm stuck." I go up there, expecting her to be half hanging from the crib or something but she's not. She's just lying there, looking up at me and the bars that surround her, apparently thinking that there is no possible way she could even attempt to climb out. It's better that way I guess, and having her in a bed will be better if she does decide to climb out at some point.

In other major milestone news, this Thursday Julia will have her first trip to the dentist. I am nervous that she will not be too thrilled with the idea. I am hoping I can hold her in my lap and that it will help her feel more comfortable, at least as comfortable as you can be at the dentist. I will never forget Emily's first trip to the dentist. On the way to the appointment I had to stop and get gas. Emily's window was rolled down about half way in the back and she exclaimed excitedly, "I'm going to the dentist!" The attendant commented that he had never heard someone so excited about going to the dentist. When I told him that she had never been before he said, "Ahh, so she has no idea what's coming does she?" It was funny.

No comments: