" Please visit me at my new online home, www.thevolunteermom.com."

Monday, January 21, 2008

If I was going to pick...

...my best sleeper of the three kids, it would be Katherine by far. It's not that Emily and Julia are or ever were "bad sleepers," Katherine has always just been the best.

Even now, she is. She goes to be by 7:30 every night without any argument. She sleeps through the night (to the point of sleeping right through the need to urinate, which is another entry all together and probably TMI).

Anyway, as a baby and toddler, she had this blanket we called her "night-night." One day, after she had started kindergarten, she decided she didn't want to be a "baby" anymore and told me to throw it out. I did, but not before I cut a small section from it to save for sentimental reasons (you know one of those things you bust out in her teen years/early adult to embarrass the hell out of her). Besides that though, me being me, I knew that it would make a fantastic addition to a scrap book layout that I would complete someday. Someday has come.

When Katherine was little, she used to fall asleep anywhere. Sit down on the couch to watch a movie? Like the flick of a switch, she was out like a light. A short trip to my parents in the car? Katherine was snoring away (a trait she inherited from me according to my darling husband). And, again with the me being me, on many occasions, the camera was out, snapping away. I have collected these pictures and will be completing the scrapbook pages this weekend, at a day long crop on Saturday.

And, for your viewing pleasure, I have decided to share some of those photos here. I am not going to lie, looking at them got me a little teary eyed with the "Oh My God, how did my baby get so big?" emotions running through me.





No comments: