" Please visit me at my new online home, www.thevolunteermom.com."

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Food, Cooking, Recipes Etc.

I have lamented on this blog before about how much I loathe cooking. Mostly, I do it because I have to. It's not like we could actually afford to order out every night, and, despite my hating to do it, I do usually do a pretty decent job of it. I suspect part of my hating to do it involves the lack of variety. I just get so sick of cooking the same things time and again, and, when I find a new recipe to try, the motivation to cook usually increases ten-fold.


One of my favorite places to get recipes is from Kraft Food and Family Magazine. Best of all? It's...100 % free! It's always full of recipes. I have cooked many delicious meals from recipes I have taken from it. It comes once each season.

Anyway, I finally got around to looking at my winter issue. I had been planning on food shopping last night and for once, actually gave some thought ahead of going to the store about what I wanted on the menu this week. I have found several new recipes that I plan on cooking this week. I went out last night and purchased all of the necessary ingredients. For your enjoyment, I have listed the recipes here, which you can then look up at the Kraft website linked above (hey, you never know who else may in a cooking "lull" and looking for inspiration).

Tangy Pork Chop Stuffing Bake
Slow Cooker Orange BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich
Double Cheese Chili
Bruschetta Chicken Skillet
Taco Bake
Nacho Chicken Bake

Note: I don't always use all of the "name brand" stuff they mention. Such differences usually don't bother me (for example store brand sour cream tastes the same to me as name brand) and, it keeps way down on the costs.

Anyway, I will post and let you know how they all come out as I make them.

No comments: