" Please visit me at my new online home, www.thevolunteermom.com."

Friday, March 09, 2007

Swimming Lessons and Sickness

Yesterday the girls started swimming lessons at the Y. Emily loved it and did fairly well . Katherine was swimming in the deep end holding on to a bar bell floaty type thing and she let go of it, went under, swallowed water and couldn't get back up without help. Yikes. Needless to say, this completely ruined her for the rest of the lesson. Thing is, I am pretty sure from what I observed with the other kids in her lesson, the level (even though it is beginner) is too much for her. These other kids were jumping off the board in the deep end and swimming back. She is so not there. I am really not sure of the best way to handle this but, we are at the very least going to try one more lesson and see how it goes.

In other news, Emily came home from her lessons, didn't want to eat, and proceeded to throw up. Fun! I kept her home today on principle, but she seems fine, so maybe it was just a "thing." Who knows.

I am going out tonight (early) to run a few errands and then I will be heading to bed. I need to be up and out of the house early tomorrow(to go to the conference for The Federation For Children With Special Needs).The bus will be leaving at 7 am from Taunton.

I will be back tomorrow night or perhaps Sunday!

No comments: