" Please visit me at my new online home, www.thevolunteermom.com."

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Busy...

Mardi Gras is this weekend (The annual PTA sponsored Mardi Gras that is)and, I'm not going to lie...I 'll be glad when it's over. When I am actually there at the event and can see that all of my hard work has actually paid off, I will be fine. Until then, I have about a million things to do, and oddly, no motivation to do it. I guess that's not odd, really. It's more annoying than add.

In other stressful news, my car has decided to shit the proverbial bed. It still runs but is getting little or no oil pressure and the transmission is not shifting gears. Going from 30 to 70 means flooring the pedal and lurching forward which is NOT GOOD. The car has 150,000 miles on it and really, it has done well by me. With that high mileage and a probable transmission problem, investing in it is just not worth it. So, Ryun is heading to the bank to apply for a car loan and we will be visiting our friend Bob (who buys cars wholesale and sells great cars for little money comparably)and hopefully getting a "Mom Mobile" like a mini-van or an SUV with 3rd row seating. I am actually kind of excited about this (a sure sign of being a Mom is being excited about driving a minivan) but it still sucks having a car break. In the mean time, Ryun is driving my father's truck (my father has a company vehicle) and I am driving Ryun's car. Sometimes, cars suck.

The end.

No comments: