" Please visit me at my new online home, www.thevolunteermom.com."

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

It's A Jungle Out There

As mentioned previously, I took Julia to her first class at the Jungle Gym today. We started off by doing circle time and singing some songs. Julia knew "If You're Happy And You Know It" but refused to sing any other part except her favorite, "HOORAY!"

After that, the teachers set up a little obstacle course, with climbing and crawling and walking and all kinds of gross motor type things. They even had a rope to swing on, which Julia wanted absolutely no part of. She had fun with the rest of it though so that was good.

The teachers took out a parachute and some balls so the kids got to do the every popular "popcorn game' which they all thoroughly enjoyed, especially when the balls all hopped right off of the parachute and on to the floor.

Then hour ended with a couple of short stories read to the children while they sat on their story mats.

Julia enjoyed herself, but did need quite a bit of help, at least in comparison to the other kids. This is still hard sometimes...and I don't know why. It sort of sets me back a little I guess...like she is making all of this progress and seems to do something new everyday but is still not quite there yet. I couldn't be any prouder of her and it's not like I don't think she will get there because she will. It just seems like nothing comes easy for her...and it's hard to watch.

One thing that gives me a little comfort though is what the psychic said a while back. When I asked her about Julia (well, not really asked her but basically said, "What can you tell me about my youngest daughter?") she said and I quote:

"She will have a lot of challenges in life, but will overcome every one."

This same psychic told me when I was just two months pregnant with Julia and there was no obvious way of knowing, that I was pregnant and due in July.

So you know, I tend to believe her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Of course you'd believe Psychic Sue! She rocks!!
Jen
PS...We'll have to do another one of those in 6 months or so.