" Please visit me at my new online home, www.thevolunteermom.com."

Sunday, July 09, 2006

The 101 Things About Me Post.

This was brought over and updated from my orignal blog. Figured it was about time it took residence here as well!

1. My name is Sharon but most people call me Shaz or Shazzy.

2. My sister Suzanne gave me that nickname when we were younger and she was learning how to talk.

3. I believe in ghosts, aliens, and the sixth sense.

4. I have experienced a real life ghost story.

5. My favorite color is green.

6. I love country music.

7. I am a redheaded Irish woman with a stubborn streak. You have been warned.

8. I had my gall bladder removed when I was seven months pregnant with my first child.

9. Her name is Emily Terese.

10. My maternal grandmothers first name is Terese, hence, Emily's middle name.

11.Her sister and my second born child's name is Katherine Elizabeth.

12. Julia May is our third (and final) child.

13. I am 31 years old.

14. I live in Southeastern Massachusetts.

15. Kahlua and milk is my favorite drink.

16. I like cranberry juice and Malibu rum too.

17. I have been married to Ryun for 8 years (as of 2006).

18. I was born in Quincy, MA.

19. I was raised in Carver, MA...the cranberry capital of the world...woo hoo!

20. I love watching baseball with Ry.

21. I am obsessed with the ABC hit show LOST.

22. I can sing the entire Barney theme song word for word.

23. My husband Ryun knows the redline T stops from Braintree to Alewife and back in order.

24. There is nothing in this world more important to me than my family and friends.

25. Root beer floats are my favorite icecream drink.

26. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough is my favorite kind of icecream.

27. I really never like icecream that much until I got pregnant with Emily.

28. Ryun and I kept the local Friendly's in business during my pregnancy.

29. I am a stay at home Mom and I love it!

30. I attended Merrimack College for two years, majoring in Sociology.

31. I hated it and withdrew.

32. I loved the neighborhood I grew up in.

33. If my parents ever sell my childhood home, I hope they sell it to me.

34. My great, great grandfather on my fathers side brought the 1st hockey team over to the United States from Canada.

35. My great grandfather on my mothers side went to Rose Fitzgerald Kennedy's tenth birthday party.

36. Henry Winkler once kissed me on the cheek during a family trip to California when he found out we were from Boston (home to Emerson College, where he graduated from).

37. I once saw and said hello to former Celtics great, Robert Parrish.

38. I went to see New Kids On The Block 4 times. Yes, I said 4.

39. The best concert I have ever seen was Jimmy Buffett.

40. I love sappy love stories.

41. My favorite movie ever is Return to Me.

42. Matthew McConaughey is in my professional, unjaded opinion God's gift to the world.

43. I am registered as an independent (or whatever the hell they call that now). I don't generally affiliate myself with one party or another. I vote for whoever I like, regardless.

44. I love all things Disney, but especially Winnie the Pooh and his gang.

45. I have absolutely no short term memory.

46. In fact, I forget what I just typed.

47. I have only ever had stitches three times... when I had my gall bladder removed, after delivering Emily, and after delivering Julia.

48. I have never broken a bone.

49. Being a Mom is the most challenging and rewarding “job” I have ever had.

50. I think cuts in educational spending should be a criminal act.

51. I am the spitting image of my father.

52. I don't particularly care for cooking, unless I am trying a new recipe. I cook because I have to...gotta feed the family, yo.

53. I could eat an entire box of Mint Milano's. I never would, but I sure as hell could.

54. I went skinny dipping in 1996 in a public pond with friends. We were drunk and stupid, but it was fun!

55. My future husband stole my clothes off of the beach...and I still married him!
56. In my teenage years, I was an angel. Seriously, ask my Mom.

57. I wish I was more assertive and confident in myself as a kid. I still wish it sometimes today, even though I am much more so now than I ever have been.

58. My best feature is my hair.

59. My worst feature? My feet. Nothing wrong with them...they're actually quite nice as far as feet go. I just hate feet, hate them with a passion. Except baby feet.

60. My favorite season is fall. New England is just beautiful during that time of year. Oh yeah, and my birthday is in October.

61. I used to work for a cable company in the customer service department. I have since regained my sanity.

62. My best friends in all the world are my sisters. I hope that my own children have the kind of relationships with each other as I do with my sisters.

63. I played soccer, softball and basketball as a child.

64. Once I got a line drive in the eye...OUCH.
65. I hate brussel sprouts.

66. I love broccoli.

67. If I ever decided to go back to school I would most likely major in Psychology, Early Childhood Education or Communications.

68. I love American Idol.

69. There's a rather complicated “war” raging in my head right now regarding whether or not I should go back to church. I am also wondering if recent dreams and medical miracles have been messages from some sort of higher being. Like a wake up call or something.

70. I have a deep voice.

71. When I was in first grade my deep voice earned me the part of the mirror in our class play, Snow White.

72. "Her lips blood red, her hair like night, her skin like snow, its snow white." Those were my lines, or something similar anyway.

73. That was the only play I was ever in.

74. Well, in college I was the box office manager and the costume coordinator for the Onstagers. But, I wasn't technically in the shows.

75. My middle name is Marie.

76. My confirmation name is Frances.

77. My maiden name is Sullivan.

78. I was a Peer Leader in high school and in college.

79. I did not drink, smoke, or have sex until I went to college.

80. Now, well now I am disgusted by the thought of a cigarette in my mouth. And we'll just leave it at that.

81. My favorite subjects in school were English and American History.

82. I hated Math and Science, especially Math.

83. Someday I want to visit Ireland.

84. I would also like to visit Australia.

85. I think that childbearing/birth are the most beautiful experiences in the world.

86. I want to live long enough to enjoy my great grandchildren.

87. I think that God gave woman the honor and privilege or childbearing because he knew that a man could not handle the pain (sorry boys).

88. I believe in God most of the time.

89. I do not attend church regularly.

90. I love a nice summer day with a warm breeze.

91. My favorite number is 7. No real reason why, its lucky I guess.

92. I love to be outdoors.

93. I love the mountains and would kill for a view of them outside my bedroom window.

94. I HATE laundry with a passion.

95. I have two adorable cats named Joey and Pal.

96. Someday I want to get a dog. A big, rough and tumble, roll around in the grass type of dog. Like a Golden Retriever or a Lab.

97. I hate when people but their noses in where they don't belong.

98. I am a night owl. I hardly ever go to bed before midnight.

99. My favorite type of food is Italian.

100. I love an English accent.

101. I am from Massachusetts. The letter “R” is not a part of my vocabulary.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

30. I attended Merrimack College for two years, majoring in Sociology.

My geology professor always made fun of sociology majors. "The only thing I learned in sociology is it's bad to be poor, and I already knew that!" Heh.

64. Once I got a line drive in the eye...OUCH.

Big ouch! I thought Adam's line drive to my chin was bad. You could see the imprint of the baseball stitching for a few days.

Anonymous said...

62. My best friends in all the world are my sisters. I hope that my own children have the kind of relationships with each other as I do with my sisters.

ditto ;) love you "shaz"

Anonymous said...

69. There's a rather complicated “war” raging in my head right now regarding whether or not I should go back to church. I am also wondering if recent dreams and medical miracles have been messages from some sort of higher being. Like a wake up call or something.

I completely understand what you're talking about. (Well, except the medical miracles of course.) We've had religious discussions before...let's talk about this Tuesday, I think it's so interesting.

79. I did not drink, smoke, or have sex until I went to college.
My mother wishes you were her daughter instead of me...high school was not a fun time for our relationship!

96. Someday I want to get a dog. A big, rough and tumble, roll around in the grass type of dog. Like a Golden Retriever or a Lab.
Get a boxer! They are seriously the best dogs...so good with kids. Everyone and their mother has a lab or retriever...go a different route!

Jen