" Please visit me at my new online home, www.thevolunteermom.com."

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Thursday Afternoon Bitch Session: Volume 1

So, Julia had an appointment at the EI office this morning for PT. The appointment was at 10, which means I needed to have all kids fed, dressed, hair done, and in the car by 9:20 (to allow a few extra minutes to run through the Dunkin Donuts drive through).

I did it, which you know, isn't really a big deal but it's not always the easiest thing in the world to do.

So we got there.

And we waited.

At 10:15 I still wasn't too worried. She is always late.

At 10:30, the secretary answers the phone and says, "You have someone waiting in the office for you."

"oh great," I think. "She flippin' forgot."

So the secretary hands me the phone and I talk to her and she apologizes up and down saying she forgot to write our appointment in her book. Me being me, I of course say it's ok, don't worry about it, and call me later to reschedule.

Diplomacy is a wonderful thing.

What was I really thinking?

Something along the lines of, "You forgot to write it in your book? I just got up to an alarm on a day that I didn't have to, got all my kids dressed, ready for the day and out of the house at 9:30 for nothing? And let's talk about the gas prices, hmm? I just drove an hour (1/2 hour each way) for fucking nothing? And why the hell can't you ever be on time?"

But you know, I was nice, as usual.

Sometimes, I think that this is a down fall of mine. I am too nice and sometimes, it comes back to bite me in the ass.

Oh and since I am already in a mood I freakin' HATE when people think yield means stop. You don't stop on the god damn ramp getting on the highway. You just don't.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of course, we all know that by "you just don't" what you really mean is "you don't except for those extraordinarily rare circumstances when there's a reason to, usually caused by someone who can't drive competently." But the shorthand works fine for me.

Sharon said...

LOL Yeah, those times when stopping is necessary are allowed...but that's it! LOL>