" Please visit me at my new online home, www.thevolunteermom.com."

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Julia

I was supposed to attend a MOMS Club meeting this morning, but Julia decided to sleep til almost 10 and who am I to wake her up? I was a little worried when she wasn't awake by about 9 (she usually wakes between 7:30-8:30 every morning) so I went up to check on her, fully expecting to find her awake and playing quietly, but she was out like a light. So, I went back down stairs until I heard her stirring just a few minutes ago.

This whole sleeping thing is getting a little weird with her. She has decided that naps are in fact a good thing again but now she won't go down at night until after 9, sometimes closer til 10. So it's sort of a catch 22, you know? I'm not going to lie, I kind of like my hour and a half of free time that the nap provides. In that light, the staying up later at night isn't as big of deal.

She is developing quite the stubborn streak (thanks Ryun!) and is showing more and more of her personality every day. New words/phrases include: oh no, oh dear, oh man, uh oh, applesauce, happy day, and my favorite, "I'm a devil." Yeah, I can take credit for that one, and she is a little devil sometimes so you know, it's appropriate! She also has started adding people's names to the end of what she says. For example, rather than just saying "Hi" she will say "Hi Mama." She very vocal lately, even if she is just rambling to herself.

Over the weekend, she climbed on the couch for the first time! For a while she was climbing off head first, but after just a couple of times showing her how to transition to climb of backwards, she got it. She is also walking at a much faster rate of speed than she has previously. Sometimes, she walks too fast and loses her balance, but she's getting there.

No comments: